Thursday 8 May 2014

Re-making My Website

After going over my original website, I decided to make a new one to update my pictures and to make it accessible for people to get to as the previous site wasn't as clear to navigate as I would have liked and felt that it didn't look as professional. I chose to go with  4ormat as my peers had used it and mentioned how simple it was to use with links to social media, one of my favorite features is that it can be viewed on a tablet or mobile phone meaning that I can check how it's working on my own phone while I'm on the move. In this post I have included a few screen shots of how I managed my work with information on why I chose those images.

 

In this section I have selected which images from my times on Dartmoor I wanted to show, as I enjoy visiting the moors and felt that I should include that as separate section as I have a lot of images from projects and my own work. The most recent images I have put at the front of the section to keep people interested and up to date, showing images from the White Horse Hill project that I am currently working on.

The next section that I have looked into is portraiture, as my most current project that will be shown in London is portraiture based. This section is one of the smaller ones which I am going to expand over time as I gain more confidence in myself with meeting new people and photographing them. I am hoping to carry on the St Lawrences project after the final hand in because I think that I could try to get more people and possibly show my work in a space in Bodmin where the previous workers are based.


This page is the first page that people will see when they look at my website, I wanted so showcase the best of my landscape pictures as I want to continue working in landscape photography. Having a mix of different work shows the different skills that I have alongside the different interests that influence my pictures. Along with these pages there is a page dedicated to my National Trust work and a page named Other, that has some of my film images alongside pictures that I have taken that don't fit into the other categories. There is also a about me page and a contact page for people to get in touch with me if they want to know anything about my work or possible clients.

Here is the link to my new fully running website lrundlephoto.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. I love the stark look of your website's layout, Louisa. And I admire how raw your photographs are. After all, I think a great photographer can capture the raw intensity of a subject's beauty. Anyway, thanks for sharing the news about your website's redesign. More power to you!

    Donnie Peters @ W Three Group

    ReplyDelete