Monday 12 May 2014

Final Evaluation for PDP



Through this project I have increased my online presence and achieved more confidence in myself through meeting new people and gaining volunteer work with the National Trust. I have re-created my website through 4ormat that looks professional and something that I am happy for my clients to view. I have also enjoyed working with the college on the White Horse Hill project which has had a large input into new work that I have produced, relating to landscape photography that I am interested in photographing. By challenging myself to do new things that I wouldn’t do I have become more confident in where I want my work to go and the direction that I want to go in regards to possible work. As I am interested in historical landscapes and how man has changed it over time, I will continue contacting museums and working with the National Trust as they are one of the most influential contacts that I’ve made in relation to how I want to work in the future.

I think that my skills in promotion and creating an online presence have improved the most, as I have been keeping up to date with my blog and have successfully created a strong website that highlights the best of my abilities. I am happy with the contacts that I have made through my FMP work as well as my volunteer work for the National Trust, as I am able to carry on the St Lawrence’s project after the exhibition as I want to photograph more people so create more awareness of the building and its history. I think that I could have pursued a wider range of people to create work to get a stronger presence and more work that I can show on my website. I also could have created my website sooner so as to make my online presence better as I could continue to add more work to it. I will continue to write in my blog as I want to keep a record of the work that I do and I will be showing people what I am interested in that may lead to possible clients.

If I were to do this project again I would push myself further to make connections and work to show my best abilities as a photographer. I would also work on my website earlier so as to add more work and to refine it more to get as much out of it as I can. As I have become more confident in myself, I have been able to contact new people and gain volunteer work that I pushed myself to go for as that is the area of photography that I want to work in. Continuing to make work and write on my blog my online profile will be current and hopefully won’t stagnate as I pass my work onto more people who could be interested in what I do. I would also research into other website designers to see what can work best for me, as 4ormat is the easiest to use but there may be others that I’ve missed that can offer similar services whilst still having a strong presence and easy to use system.

No comments:

Post a Comment